We regularly need additional resources to work on larger projects. We do this by using an Associate model, in which we embed you as part of our, or one of our clients teams based on a pre-defined amount of time, scope of work or desired outcome.
These aren’t full-time or part-time positions – they are project-based. But as far as we, and our clients are concerned, you’ll be treated as a member of the Border Crossing UX team.
Roles & specialisms we’re seeking
We’re looking to build up our network of Associates who specialise in one or more of the following roles:
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Product managers
- Business analysts
- User researchers
- User experience designers
- Service designers
- Interaction designers
- Information architects
- Interface designers
- Graphic designers
- Content strategist
- Content designer
- Video, animation, & motion graphics specialists
- Accessibility specialists
- Front-end developers (various languages and frameworks)
- Back-end developers (various languages, frameworks, open-source and proprietary tools)
- Agile coach
- Sprint leads / SCRUM masters, etc
- Data scientists
- SEO / PPC specialists.
What we’re looking for in an Associate?
Becoming an Associate isn’t suited to those at the start of their careers. As we’re only looking for experienced practitioners who can:
- Demonstrate their experience and expertise:
- Adhere to our company values and policies
- Apply and maintain a user centred approach
- Track and manage the time they anticipate/spend on tasks
- Manage their workflows and other peoples expectations
- Highlight any issues or blockers
- Respond positively to constraints, pressure, and feedback
- Be on-boarded to ongoing projects rapidly
- Collaborate with us and our clients effectively
- Provide high-quality strategic consultancy
- Execute tactical tasks and produce high-quality deliverables efficiently
- And ultimately, deliver value rapidly.
As given our size we tend to collaborate, contribute, and rely on each other to deliver high-quality inputs that add up to the desired outcomes on both client-facing and internal projects.
We know that’s a lot to ask but it’s the minimum we expect, so it’s best to be up-front about this from the start.
Why become an Associate?
- Clear briefs and complete clarity in terms of role, responsibilities, and expectations
- Work with good clients on projects that matter
- Be treated as a core member of our team
- Collaborate with experienced practitioners
- We have a lean approach to comms, client/project management, estimating, time-tracking, and billing
- Negotiable day rates
- Fast payments.
How to apply?
If you’d join our network of Associates, and be considered as and when relevant opportunities arise, please submit the following information:
- Specialisms/roles you can fulfil
- Your CV
- Examples of past work – detailing your contribution, process, and key results where relevant
- Day rate
- Current availability
- Any other information you’d like to share.
Want to learn more?
If you’d like to discuss becoming an Associate in further detail please feel free to give us a call 0131 467 9227.