This article has to be shared and promoted. Written by the always inspiring Eric Reiss of The FatDUX Group, this is a must read if you are commissioning or project managing the development of a website.
This isn’t one of those usual top 10 lists you see doing the rounds. It’s a truly informative and useful primer that all small and medium sized businesses would benefit from reading prior to commissioning a new website.
It offers non-technical business leaders a concise yet powerful overview of what, and more importantly what not to, focus on if they want to give their website every chance of succeeding.
Here are the core headings:
- Don’t confuse your marketing with communication.
- Don’t view your website as a software development project.
- Don’t couple unrelated initiatives.
- Don’t be afraid to set measurable goals.
- Don’t confuse your needs with those of your visitors.
- Don’t view your website as a fixed term project.
- Don’t confuse print design with web design.
- Don’t let personal opinion cloud your focus.
- Don’t be afraid to ask stupid questions.
- Don’t hide in your office.
You can read the blog post or download a PDF to access the full article.
We will be circulating this article to all of our new clients as it effectively addresses a myriad of issues we often encounter.
So thank you Mr Reiss you really are a star!!!