The following accessibility statement applies to this website (https://bordercrossingux.com) which is operated by Border Crossing UX, the trading name of Border Crossing Media Holdings Limited.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. So, we’ve taken as many steps as we can to ensure this website, and it’s content, is accessible. For example, when using this website you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
That said, if you experience any difficulties or require any assistance using this website, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How accessible is this website?
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. Despite our commitment to making this website as accessible as possible, we know some parts of this website are not fully accessible, for example:
- It’s not possible for users to customise the line height, text spacing and colour contrast without using a browser extension or changing their default browser or operating system settings. We plan to implement a toolbar that will allow end-users to achieve this without using an extension or configuring settings upon launching our next website.
- Some internal links are not as clear as they could be, in terms of where they lead to. We will periodically review the text used for all links across the website, and where possible optimise these based on feedback.
- Some images do not contain a text alternative. We have reviewed all images in-use to ensure that the only images without a text alternative are decorative images.
- There’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page. We have added a link to directions and will investigate alternative solutions when developing our next website.
- The third-party feedback tool in-use may not be accessible to all users of the website. We plan to select an alternative solution when developing our next website.
In addition to the above, some content may not have yet been fully adapted. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
We will address these issues over time, and will update this statement to reflect any issues that arise, as well as the improvements we make.
What we’re doing to improve the accessibility of this website
We plan to improve the accessibility of this website by:
- Improving staff awareness and skills in terms of creating, marking-up and publishing website content.
- Ensuring the third-party software and tools we select going-forwards meet do not compromise the accessibility of this website.
- Collaborating with third-party providers and open-source communities to improve the tools and software that power this website.
- Regularly testing the website.
If you need information on this website in a different format please contact us and we will respond to your request within 1 working day:
Call: 0131 467 9227
Feedback, reporting problems & contact information
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website and our services. So, if you encounter any problems not listed on this page or think we can improve anything further please contact us by:
Call: 0131 467 9227
This website was last tested by our in-house team on the 01/03/2021. This statement was was last reviewed on 01/03/2021.