This policy applies to all Border Crossing Media Ltd. Employees, Contractors, Partners and everyone who applies for posts advertised at Border Crossing Media Ltd.
Border Crossing Media Ltd. believes that it is imperative to the success of any organisation to embrace equality and diversity in its workforce. As such, Border Crossing Media Ltd. aims to be an equal opportunity employer and will promote the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion, internally and to its Clients and suppliers.
Border Crossing Media Ltd. aims to ensure that members of staff and potential members of staff are selected and treated on the basis of merit, ability and potential, regardless of their gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status or other family circumstance, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, creed, disability, political belief, membership of, or activities as part of a trade union, social or economic class, or any other ground not relevant to good employment practice.
Overall and final responsibility for ensuring this policy is adhered to is that of the Managing Director:
Telephone: 0131 467 9227
However, personal responsibility for the successful operation of this policy lies with every member of staff and contractor at Border Crossing Media Holdings Ltd., particularly those responsible for the recruitment, selection, management and supervision of staff.
Border Crossing Media Ltd aims to eradicate unfair and discriminatory practices, direct or indirect, however and whenever they occur.
In order to further its policy on equal opportunities, Border Crossing Media Ltd accepts the following principles and commitments:
- Fair and open procedures will be operated in respect of recruitment, selection, deployment, training and promotion of all grades of staff.
- Monitoring of these procedures will be carried out regularly along with monitoring of Border Crossing Media’s workforce.
- Equal opportunities training and guidance will be provided, particularly for staff involved in recruitment, selection, deployment and training of other staff and can be requested as part of the staff training and development program.
- Recruitment and selection procedures will be periodically reviewed and examined to ensure that they are not discriminatory in their intention or operation.
- Effective complaints procedures will be used to resolve complaints of discrimination.
- Breaches of this policy will be dealt with through existing agreed Border Crossing Media Ltd procedures that are detailed in the staff handbook.
- Victimisation of anyone who has complained of being discriminated against will be regarded as misconduct.
- Positive action initiatives will be introduced where appropriate.
- Language used in Border Crossing Media Ltd correspondence and literature will reflect the letter and spirit of this policy.
- Where possible, Border Crossing Media Ltd will provide flexible working, remote working and accommodate accessibility requirements for staff.
Whenever necessary, Border Crossing Media Holdings Ltd. will seek the specialist help and advice of appropriate advisory bodies, e.g. Equal Opportunities Commission, Commission for Racial Equality and the Disability Rights Commission, in resolving any problem that might arise in the implementation and development of this and related policies.
This document was last updated on 01/03/2021.