Looking for the perfect workshop or collaborative design space?
Spread over 1,300 feet our user experience design studio has all of the facilities you need to run workshops and collaborative design processes.
Max. Concurrent participants
Our flexible workshop space is the perfect venue for:
- Brainstorming, requirements gathering & prioritisation sessions
- Creative workshops
- Critiques & Evaluations
- Service & User Experience Design Workshops
- Innovation & Design Thinking processes
- Open and Collaborative Design processes
- Agile, Lean, Design, UX or Research Sprints.
Spread over 1,300 square feet our open plan office has been split into 6 distinct areas:
- Entrance and reception area
- Kitchen & toilet facilities
- Enclosed meeting room (for up to 4 participants or observers)
- Open welcome area/meeting space (for up to 5 participants or observers)
- Open workshop space (for up to 12 participants)
- Fixed desk area (up to 9 desks available for observers).
As the office is open plan the standard layout can be adapted to accommodate larger groups (up to 30 concurrent participants) in a theatre, conference or roundtable format.
What is included?
It’s the small, and not so small, things that count:
- One hour’s preparation time before participants arrive
- Spare devices, adaptors and cables
- Secure Wi-Fi and ethernet connections
- Digital audio/video recording and streaming, inc. picture-in-picture recording
- Dedicated VoIP number
- 2x Large 4k SMART TVs
- 6x Large whiteboards & flip charts
- Pens, post-it notes, cards and notepads
- Printing and photocopying facilities.
Contact us to get our equipment and facilities list.
Moderators & Facilitators: if you need an extra pair of hands or want someone to facilitate the session on your behalf, our team of experienced user researchers are on hand to help.
Participant recruitment: we can help you source, screen and manage the participants you need to achieve your objectives.
Catering: teas, coffees and snacks are provided as standard. Want lunch, dinner or something more substantial – no problem – we’re happy to arrange additional catering for you and your clients.
Concierge service: it all starts with a welcoming welcome. Our team are a friendly bunch and we’d be happy to help you; greet participants, get NDAs and clearance forms signed or help out with last-minute printing, taxi bookings or any other administrative tasks you and your team need a hand with.
Transcription & documentation: over the years we’ve documented and transcribed the outputs from countless interviews, workshops and sprints. Simply let us know what outputs you want, and we’ll make sure you get the documentation you need.
8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
4 hours: £500
8 hours: £800
5:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Monday – Thursday: £650
Friday – Sunday: n/a.
8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
4 hours: £600
8 hours: £900
- All prices exclude VAT.
- Optional extras will include an additional fee.
Need an estimate or proposal? Contact us on 0131 467 9227 to discuss your specific requirements.
Our workshop and collaborative design space is located within our Edinburgh office.
Our address is:
Suite 4, Waterside House
Plane: the nearest airport is Edinburgh Airport.
Train: the nearest train station is Edinburgh Waverley.
Car: free on-street parking is available within a 5-minute walk of the office. We also have a limited number of on-site parking spaces available.
Bus: bus stops for the number 16 and 22 are within 2 minutes of the office and can be located via Google Maps or the Lothian Buses website or Plan a Journey Travel app. Journey times to or from the City Centre should take no longer than 15-20 minutes.
Taxi: journey times to or from the City Centre should take no longer than 5-15 minutes and cost between £8.00 and £15.00, depending on the time of day.
Walking: to or from the City Centre will take around 45 minutes.
Visit our workshop & collaborative design studio
Visit us to check out our space and facilities.
Frequently asked questions
What are your cancellation terms?
If you cancel within 7 working days of a confirmed booking date, we will refund 50% of the studio fee. If you postpone within 7 working days of a confirmed booking date, we will apply a £100 administration fee and reschedule your booking, subject to availability.
If you cancel or postpone 8+ working days prior to the confirmed booking date, we will refund 100% of the studio fee or reschedule the date subject to availability.
Should we need to cancel:
- We will contact you to discuss the situation as soon as these issues come to our attention.
- We will always provide you with the most notice possible.
- We accept no liability due to disruptions or delays caused by factors out with our control, such as major utility failures, weather conditions, transport issues, acts of terrorism, etc.
- The maximum refund and liability will not exceed the value of the applicable studio hire fee.
Contact us to get a copy of our terms and conditions.
We are following the Scottish Government’s guidance on working safely during coronavirus. This includes:
- Wearing face masks in the communal areas
- Providing hand washing facilities for all staff and guests
- Having a well ventilated workspace
- Increased cleaning in the office
- Conducting regular risk assessments
- Adhering the Test & Protect procedures.
As the guidance is regularly reviewed and altered, our internal procedures will also change so that we are continuously aligned with the current guidance. For more information about how we are providing a safe and secure workplace contact us.
Can you moderate or facilitate sessions on my behalf?
Yes, our team of user researchers have extensive experience of facilitating and moderating a broad range of research techniques and sessions. Contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Do you have a floor plan, equipment and facilities lists?
Yes, please contact us to receive a copy of the following documents:
- Equipment & Facilities list
- Floor plan
Can you recruit participants on my behalf?
Yes, please refer to our participant recruitment and screening service or contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
How many participants can you accommodate?
Depending on the configuration preferred, we can accommodate up to 30 participants.
Want to book our workshop and collaborative design space?
Let’s discuss your specific requirements.
Other facilities we provide:
Are you looking for a venue to facilitate a user or market research session?
Sprints & Events Space
Access the perfect space to facilitate a design sprint or collaborative design process.