As usual things have been pretty busy here. So, here’s a brief overview of what we’ve been up to and working on over the last quarter.
Grown the team
We welcomed Sophie to our team. This was a short-term engagement as Sophie is off to do a post-graduate. But what it has proved to us is that we can and should grow our team.
This may sound silly, but this really isn’t a minor thing for us. As up until now we’ve deliberately eschewed growing our headcount. So, we could afford ourselves greater flexibility in terms of choosing the projects we work on. However, working with Sophie has taught us that the benefit of an extra pair of hands in the office far outweighs the perceived costs!
So, over the coming months we’ll be providing a series of internship opportunities aimed at those with an interest in:
- User research
- User experience design
- Digital/Print design
- Sales & Marketing.
If you’re interested in learning more about joining our team don’t wait for the ads to go live – get in touch today.
Moved office … well not quite
Like you, we know how painful and frustrating it can be to move office – BT Business services anyone!!! That’s why rather than moving out of our existing building we thought it’d be a better idea to move all of 5 metres from our old desks to a slightly larger space within the Creative Exchange Leith.
The new space is certainly treating us well. In fact, it’s amazing how much of a difference it’s made. Put simply, change is good! Now that we’ve moved, there are 2 more free desks down at the Creative Exchange. So, if you’re looking for flexible office space pop down and check out the building – it could be exactly what you’re looking for.
Talks & workshops
Esther presented Transform or evolve? How to explore and exploit changes in technology and consumer behaviour.
Esther presented User Experience Matters; How to use user experience design techniques to improve the experience of attendees, exhibitors and sponsors – throughout the lifecycle of an event.
- Lothian Buses & Transport for Edinburgh commissioned us to:
- Conduct a two-pass expert review on the Beta versions of their new iOS and Android apps.
- Help their in-house team monitor and report on what people are doing with the app.
- NHS 24 engaged us to implement a series of enhancements to the award-nominated knowwhototurnto.org website (decommissioned December 2019), please refer to its replacement NHSinform.
- A leading financial services institution asked us to conduct a user experience audit on their latest digital offering prior to launching it.
- Canongate Communications engaged us to identify and implement a number of improvements to their digital magazines.
- EventIt asked us to develop a new website, registration process and digital marketing strategy that would help stimulate attendance of the only event in Scotland aimed at events professionals.
- ELOSCN have engaged us to help their in-house team develop a new brand identify and apply this to each of the digital touch points that they maintain.
- EventsBase have commissioned us to translate their print publications into a series of digital touch points.
- Craft Design House asked us to conduct a user experience audit on their new website.
- Nopollution asked us to review their website and identify a backlog of improvements they’ll be implementing over the next year.
- We’ve also continued to provide user experience support in a white-label capacity to a growing number of Creative/Branding, Digital Marketing and Technical Development agencies.
Exciting client news
- FutureScot published their first supplement, this was distributed in The Times Scotland.
- NHS 24 announces improved performance in terms of directing people to the right point of care.
- The Big Cheese Making Kit haven’t just launched a new website they’ve only gone and developed a number of other cheese making kits too.
- Craft Design House have launched their website and a truly inspiring range of unique craft and design products
- Edinburgh Designs have won yet another prestigious contract.
- Congratulations to long-term clients Pufferfish Displays who closed another round of investment.
- EventsBase published their first print magazine.
- EventIt transformed the EICC for a day by bringing together the finest suppliers within the events industry under one roof.
- Congratulations to the Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh and in particular Dr Colin Pendry on securing a dedicated stand within Blackwell’s for RBGE publications. It’s absolutely wonderful to see this brilliant institution getting the opportunity to share its publications with a broader audience.
As you’ve probably gathered from everything that’s mentioned above – that’s a lot of work. That’s why we’ll definitely be on the look out to grow our team over the coming months.
That said, we’re in no rush to do this. As we know that finding the right people with the right skills, attitude and appetite (whether they be freelancers or full-timers) takes time.
If you’d like to learn more about Border Crossing Media, user experience design or any of our past work please get in touch – we’d love to talk!