Whether your business has been around for a while or you are just starting up building effective websites can be tricky. Getting an awesome website that does what you want, fulfils your user’s needs and looks great can be like tightrope walking. Then add in any of the issues or delays or changes that happen in any project and you are now walking a tightrope that someone has littered with banana skins. Doesn’t sound like fun! So how do you avoid those bananas or know how to balance on the rope? It’s all in the planning.
Over the years we have noticed that the difference in a successful website development project is how well it is planned and the brief that is supplied to the developer. That is why we work with clients and web developers to build a shared understanding of what is required from a website from:
- The users’ point of view (their top tasks, what they need to complete them, what trust marks do they need for conversion etc)
- The business point of view (how can we maximise return on investment of the website, what they need users to do online, how they can reduce operational costs, how they can generate qualified leads, what are their conversion points)
By taking a user-centred design approach to all our strategy and planning workshops we work with people to balance the user and business objectives to ensure that what is built works well for all stakeholders.
That is why we have put together a one day course as part of The Creative Exchange Digital Masterclasses to help SMEs: ‘Planning an effective website’.
Planning an effective website masterclass
This one-day intensive course is designed to give you the tools and techniques you need to plan a website that works for both your users and your business.
By the end of the day you will have a clear vision of what you are going to achieve, how you are going to do it and you can walk away with a full website development brief that will convey your wants, needs and priorities to any developer.
This course is for you if you want to:
- Analyse what works and does not work on your existing / your competitors’ website(s)
- Prioritise your business’ digital objectives
- Define your online measurements of success
- Balance your business objectives with your customer’s needs
- Organise and structure your content from a customer’s perspective
- Identify and prioritise design and technical improvements that make a difference
- Develop a brief and documentation that will get you the website you want, built by your in-house team or an external provider.
We will be holding this course on the 27th of May 2015 and the 16th of June 2015 at The Creative Exchange Leith.
Want to know more?
Book your date or take a look at the full Creative Exchange Masterclass page to see what other wonderful courses are going on here.
If you want to find out if this is the right course for you or to find out about our bespoke training options call us on 0131 561 7300 or email .