Need to source and screen research participants?
Our participant recruitment and screening services were developed by researchers for researchers. We’ll make sure you get the participants you need.
Our experienced recruiters can find B2C and B2B participants from hard to reach groups and even protected segments. What’s more, our screening processes ensure each and every participant we recruit will be suitable for the specific research you’re conducting.
We can provide access to a diverse range of pre-screened UK-wide participants and configurable panels for rapid turnaround projects.
What is participant screening and recruitment?
To conduct valid research, you need to ensure you’re asking the right people, the right questions. This is harder than it sounds, and all too often corners are cut. This often results in poor representation of your specific target audience, the selection of unsuitable participants and a greater risk of ‘no shows’.
To avoid this, diligent participant screening is essential. As it’s the only way to verify whether or not a participant is suitable. We do this by asking each potential participant to answer questions relevant to the specific research project we’re recruiting for. To identify those who should be screened out and those who should be short-listed to participate. We do this by asking each potential participant questions that cover:
- Basic demographics
- Core behaviours
- Preferences and norms
- Subject-area-specific familiarity and confidence levels.
This gives us the opportunity to ask key questions that will help us identify those who appear to be suitable participants, but should be excluded for any number of reasons, e.g. they work in the same industry as the client who has commissioned the research.
Following this short-listing process, we collaborate with clients to finalise our participant list. This process results in better research. As you’ll be able to conduct your research with as representative an audience as possible.
What sort of research do you recruit for?
We’ve got extensive experience of recruiting participants for informal and formal research. We’ve helped companies find participants for activities including:
- 1:1 interviews
- Groups, panels and workshops
- User research
- Market research
- User testing
- Usability testing
- Contextual studies
- Longitudinal studies.
What do I get?
We provide the following outputs and outcomes when recruiting research participants for clients:
- Research recruitment brief
- Recruitment plan and schedule
- Recruitment notices and adverts
- Recruitment screening forms and processes
- Confidentiality and disclosure forms
- Canned invitations, confirmations, attendance reminders and thank you’s
- Participant lists and bio’s
- Participant attendance schedule.
If required, we can also help you:
- Develop your research plans and scripts
- Source venues and facilities
- Source and configure remote research tools
- Provide additional experienced moderators and user researchers.
Do you need to source participants?
Learn how we can help you find the participants you need.
How we do participant recruitment
Over the past 10 years, we’ve recruited participants for a broad range of projects. Our approach ensures we:
1. Define the purpose, approach and constraints
- Kick-off workshop
- Recruitment brief
- Project plan & schedule
2. Define the sourcing and screening process
- Recruitment plan & schedule
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Screening process and forms
3. Conduct recruitment
- Develop and publish the opportunity
- Collate and analyse responses
- Applicant responses
- Participant short-listing
- Regular progress updates
4. Secure core and fallback participants
- Desired participant list
- Scheduling & confirmations
- Finalised participant list and schedule
5. Handover & support
- Updated participant list and bio’s
- Pre-session reminders
- Post-session communications & incentivisation
- Post-session recruitment report
Our participant screening and recruitment services will help you maximise the value your research delivers.
Looking for a venue or need research facilities?
Check out our research studio in Edinburgh.
We’ve recruited participants across industries and sectors
- Financial services
- Travel & Hotels
- National Government
- Local Government
- Sports (grassroots to elite)
- Media & Events
- Higher education
- Retail & Ecommerce
- Various B2B niches.
Want to work with us too?
Discuss your specific requirements with a research recruitment specialist.