Focus on the people you need to reach, engage, and convert.
Keeping pace with the expectations of customers has never been harder.
To deliver successful products, services, and campaigns online you need a UX strategy and roadmap that effectively balances your business objectives with the needs of your end-users.
What is UX strategy and roadmapping?
A UX strategy should clearly detail what sort of experience you want and need to deliver.
It is a medium-to-long term plan that identifies how a brand should be positioned and behave. This ensures the perceived value and the experience delivered are aligned, clearly understandable, differentiated, and desirable to a particular audience.
To achieve this, it’s critical the following are clearly defined:
- Vision for the brand, product, or service experience
- User experience principles
- Value proposition and user experience roadmap
- User centred design and development processes
- Current/Required organisational capabilities assessment
- Implementation and resourcing plan
A robust and user centred UX strategy will help you focus on delivering what matter most, to the people you need to reach, engage, and convert.
Key benefits of a UX strategy
Effectively balance business objectives with end-user needs.
Establish clarity, secure internal buy-in, and build momentum.
Effectively differentiate yourself from your competitors.
What do I get?
- What is our value proposition?
- What is the status quo?
- What is our vision for the future?
- What specific outcomes are we trying to achieve?
- How should we measure success?
- How should we segment our target audience?
- What are each specific segment’s needs, wants and goals?
- How do we establish and maintain a competitive advantage?
- What do we need to achieve our targets and goals?
- What constraints must we work within?
- How should we prioritise our efforts and resources?
We’ll then assist you share and implement this internally.
Fees start from £15,000 (exc. VAT). Fixed prices are dependent on scope and the volume of stakeholders involved.
Turn-around times tend to be between 8 – 12 weeks. Timelines are dependent on the availability of key internal stakeholders.
What our clients think
“It is really important to us at NHS Highland to put people using our services first, and to design services around their needs to give them the best experience. The website is a key place to demonstrate this and we’ve had lots of positive comments about how straightforward and easy to use the new site is.”
“Border Crossing UX’s diligence and patience in understanding and unpicking our business has been exemplary. Having such an honest relationship allowed us to address business challenges and meet our challenging objectives.”
“From initial research through to final review their work puts the customer first and is always meticulous, well presented and followed up with ongoing care and expert advice.”
“I have found Border Crossing UX to be great facilitators and an accelerator in helping us to distil our ideas and generate workable solutions to some challenging business problems.”
Want to work with us too?
Discuss your aims and objectives with a user experience specialist.
How do you approach UX strategy and roadmapping?
Over the last 10 years, we’ve developed a process that helps clients define clear, actionable, and robust UX strategies. Our user centred approach ensures we:
1. Define objectives, priorities, and constraints
- Kick-off workshop
- Measurements of success framework
- Project plan and schedule
- Participant requirements
2. Conduct research and analysis
- Business analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Data analysis
- Target audience segmentation
- Primary research
3. Collaborate and generate
- Exploratory research
- Brand strategy workshops
- UX strategy workshops
- Collaborative design workshops
- Innovation workshops
4. Validate and refine
- Gap analysis
- Prototyping and testing
- Evaluative research
5. Document, handover, and support
- Strategic documentation
- Face-to-face presentation(s)
- On-going support
Our approach to UX strategy and roadmapping provides the strategic decision-making framework clients need.
Interested in UX strategy?
Discuss the outcomes you need to achieve with a user experience specialist.