Plan, create, and deliver profitable content.
Content is a critical business asset that directly influences people’s perception and resultant actions. It simply isn’t possible to deliver a positive experience with sub-standard content. But developing content that meets people’s needs and achieves business goals is anything but simple … It takes planning, high-quality execution, and ongoing governance.
What is content strategy?
Content strategy is an ongoing process that is focussed on translating business objectives into a strategic plan that uses content as a primary means of achieving those objectives.
A robust content strategy should be underpinned by research and highlight what information needs to be delivered to key stakeholders across channels across filters and life cycles.
Key benefits of a content strategy
Increase the volume and value of inbound leads.
Reduce sales, support, and retention costs.
Effectively exploit new opportunities.
What do I get?
- Content review and/or gap analysis report
- Business objectives or goals
- Proto-personas or Archetypes
- Key internal stakeholders/RACI
- Measurements of success
- Content distribution and amplification map (how and where content will be shared)
- Content guidelines
- Publishing workflows
- Governance charters and guidelines
- Content editorial calendar
- Style guides and editorial guidelines
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) guidelines
Fees for content strategy start from £15,000 (exc. VAT).
The minimum turnaround time is 6-weeks.
What our clients think
“We found working with Border Crossing UX so supportive that Sandyford extended the contract to translate all of the issues into solutions. I would highly recommend commissioning and working with them.”
“From initial research through to final review their work puts the customer first and is always meticulous, well presented and followed up with ongoing care and expert advice.”
“Border Crossing UX provided the expertise and support the National Galleries of Scotland needed and have become a trusted supplier.”
“Border Crossing UX addressed the points we were looking to investigate meaning we could continue our research from an internal perspective.”
“Border Crossing UX’s diligence and patience in understanding and unpicking our business has been exemplary. Having such an honest relationship allowed us to address business challenges and meet our challenging objectives.”
Want to work with us too?
Discuss your specific requirements with a user experience specialist.
How do you approach content strategy?
Over the last 10 years, we’ve developed a process that helps clients define clear, actionable, and robust content strategies. Our user centred approach ensures we:
1. Define objectives, priorities, and constraints
- Kick-off workshop
- Measurements of success framework
- Stakeholder mapping
2. Understand context
- Stakeholder interviews
- Target audience analysis and segmentation
- Journey mapping and top task analysis
3. Conduct research and analysis
- Stakeholder interviews
- Competitor and data analysis
- Content audit
4. Collaborate and generate
- Content analysis workshops
- Research and planning workshops
- Creation workshops
- Maintenance and governance workshops
5. Document, communicate, and support
- Content strategy documentation
- Action plan and roadmap
- Face to face presentation(s) and ongoing support
Transform how you plan, create, and govern content by adopting a user centred approach to your content strategy.
Want a content strategy?
Discuss your goals and requirements with a user experience specialist.