Grow your team’s user centred design capabilities.
User experience design is a cycle of discovery, evaluation, and continuous improvement. Identifying what methods to use and when to apply them can be challenging, even for experienced teams.
That’s why clients choose us to provide the user experience training their in-house teams need to operate with confidence.
Our user experience training services for teams are delivered virtually or in-person.
- Lightning talks: a rapid and inspiring high-level overview of what user experience design is and why it matters. These are often integrated within ongoing knowledge transfer or training and development initiatives such as lunch-and-learns.
- Presentations: from 30-mins to 1-hour. These can be delivered as a one-off in-depth introduction to user experience design or developed into a series that provides a detailed overview of the key methods you wish to take forward, including when and how to apply them. These are often integrated within internal conferences, knowledge bases and intranets.
- Training sessions: our ½-day, 1-day, or 3-day practical training sessions are highly interactive. These sessions provide attendees with the opportunity to learn by doing as they practise key user research and design thinking methods.
What will I learn?
Attendees will be provided with:
- What is user experience and user centred design
- Key terms and jargon explained
- How to develop SMART objectives, design challenges, and hypotheses
- How to capture in-house knowledge and build momentum
- How to map assumptions
- How to map and segment stakeholders
- How to develop research and testing plans
- An overview of key research activities and best practices
- An overview of prototyping, interface, interaction design, and usability best practices
- An overview of information architecture, content strategy, and search engine optimisation (SEO) best practices
- How to define your teams’ user experience roadmap
- How to choose, do, and integrate methods within your workflow
- How to measure the return on investment (RoI) of user experience and user centred design
Who should attend?
Previous training sessions have benefitted:
- Senior decision makers
- Head of product/service/business line
- Product managers
- Business analysts
- Developers and engineers
- Marketing teams
- Founders and start-up teams
Key benefits of user centred design training
Establish a shared approach.
Increase skills and confidence.
Use the right methods at the right time.
What do I get?
Provided by our team of senior consultants, our user experience training is customised to the needs of your team and organisation.
In the course of delivering user experience training we are likely to deliver some or all of the following deliverables:
- Training session slides
- Training session worksheets
- Relevant method templates and how to instructions
Fees for user experience training, not including on-site travel and subsistence expenses, start from:
- Lightning talks: £250 (exc. VAT).
- Presentations: £500 (exc. VAT).
- Sessions (for up to 8x participants)
- Half-day: £1,250 (exc. VAT).
- Full-day: £2,000 (exc. VAT).
- 3-days: £5,000 (exc. VAT).
The minimum turn-around time for:
- Lightning talks and presentations is 1-week.
- Online training sessions is 2-weeks.
- On-site training sessions is 3-weeks.
What our clients think
“We really value Border Crossing UX’s positivity and friendliness along with their ability to understand, capture, and deliver exactly what’s required.”
“Border Crossing UX’s support and insights were core to ensuring our digital touch points centred on our customer’s needs.”
“Border Crossing UX provided the expertise and support the National Galleries of Scotland needed and have become a trusted supplier.”
“We believed your knowledge, experience and approach would help us achieve our aspirations, and you delivered!”
“Border Crossing UX helped us achieve and even surpass the expectations we had at the project’s outset.”
Want to work with us too?
Discuss your desired outcomes with a user experience specialist.
How do you approach user centred design (UCD) training?
Our approach to user centred design training ensures we:
1. Identify objectives, priorities and constraints
- Define measurements of success
- Identify potential participants
- Event scheduling and logistics
2. Define key information
- Review current skills and workflows
- Define participants desired learning outcomes
- Define scope and depth of training content
3. Tailor the training materials
- Talk, presentation, or session script development
- Talk, presentation, or session slide development
- Method template development
4. Deliver the training
- Pre-delivery testing and optimisation
- In-person or online delivery of talk, presentation, or session(s)
- Training session recording
- Handover documentation
- On-going support
Our approach to user centred design (UCD) training ensures your team will develop methods and skills they can apply immediately.
Want user centred design training?
Discuss your specific requirements with a user experience specialist.