Solve complex problems and design challenges.
Products and services are all too often conceived, designed and developed in silos with little or no end-user involvement. This makes it nigh on impossible to learn how a new product, service or feature is likely to be perceived and used before it’s launched.
That’s a risky proposition, and history suggests that most products or services designed in this way are likely to fail, or at the very least cost a lot of money to fix.
The best way to mitigate this risk is to adopt a collaborative approach to product and service design.
What is collaborative design?
- Efficiently leverage in-house skills and knowledge
- Discover end-user problems and business opportunities
- Define and validate requirements
- Develop ideas and design concepts
- Test multiple concepts
- Evaluate and improve the “best” solution
- Secure buy-in and build momentum
An efficient way to do this is to involve end-users in a series of collaborative design workshops.
What is a collaborative design workshop?
A well designed and facilitated workshop empowers you to:
- Harness the knowledge and experience of a multi-disciplinary team
- Capture feedback from potential customers whilst developing and refining a concept
- Generate as many constraint-free ideas as possible
- Evaluate concepts from a range of different perspectives
- Refine these into genuine solutions that overcome technical, business and financial constraints
Key benefits of collaborative design
Test ideas and validate assumptions.
Reduce design and development costs.
Increase return on investment (ROI).
What do I get?
- A report that summarises key learning points and outputs
- A record of all workshop exercises and artefacts
- All outputs generated by participants in a digital format
- A participant feedback report
A one-off workshop for up to 10 participants, starts from £7,500 (exc. VAT).
Pricing for project’s that require a series of workshops is available upon request.
A workshop can be a half-day or full-day event.
The minimum turn-around time is based on participant availability.
Planning, facilitation and post workshop documentation will take a maximum of 10 working days per workshop.
What our clients think
“I have found Border Crossing UX to be great facilitators and an accelerator in helping us to distil our ideas and generate workable solutions to some challenging business problems.”
“Border Crossing UX helped us define how micro-businesses perceive and interact with our services. Coming highly recommended, their professionalism and thoroughness was fantastic.”
“Border Crossing UX get right inside the mind-set of your clients and work with utter dedication to deliver the results your business needs.”
“What made Border Crossing UX’s services excel was the way our individual needs and ambitions were met, so what started out as a concept, has now been realised.”
“Border Crossing UX helped us transform the experience of planning a visit to the Galleries. They took a very comprehensive and strategic approach, aligning needs to meet different requirements. The experience was hugely positive for the organisation and individuals involved in the project.”
Want to work with us too?
Discuss your aims and objectives with a user experience specialist.
How do you approach collaborative design?
Over the last 10 years, we’ve designed and facilitated a broad range of collaborative design processes. Our user centred approach ensures we:
1. Identify objectives, priorities and constraints
- Kick-off workshop
- Measurements of success framework
- Project plan
- Participant requirements
- Workshop logistics
2. Conduct secondary research
- Business analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Data analysis
- Target audience segmentation
- Persona development
3. Define exercises and artefacts
- Workshop plan, agenda and schedule
- Participant engagement
- Exercise templates and worksheets
4. Facilitate the workshop
- Testing and validation
5. Document and present outputs
- Post-workshop participant engagement and feedback
- Workshop outputs
- Key workshop outputs report
- Key findings presentation
Our collaborative design workshops will help you launch better solutions, faster.
Interested in collaborative design?
Discuss your specific requirements with a user experience specialist.
We’ve created the perfect space to conduct collaborative design workshops and sprints.